Pahle mere pahlu mein giraftaar hua hai,
Hairat nahi phir kyun vo vafadaar hua
hai.
[On
first instance beauty was captivated in my arms
No
surprise I have on fidelity thereafter]
Us chehre pe aankhon se khila deta hoon
main phool,
Vo chehra mujhe dekh ke gulzaar hua hai.
[Upon
that charming countenance I cause blooming of flowers with my glances,
So that face becomes garden of joy after
finding me]
Pahchaan nahi pata hoon main apni hi
soorat,
Aaina bhi uska hi tarafdaar hua hai.
[When
I looked in the mirror I could not recognize my reflection,
I could
sense that even mirror favored the wielder of reflections.]
Jannat ki nigahen mera muh choom rahi
hain,
Apna mujhe us husn me deedar hua hai.
[The
eyes of heaven kiss my being,
For
I saw myself in ultimate transcendental divine grace]
Ab mere tere beech me hayel nahi aalam,
Ye khoob karishma-e-nigah e yaar hua hai.
[Mundane world now is not between our ogling,
Oh! eyes of friend this emerged out of unbelievable]
Hosh ud gaye aaghosh-e-mohabbat mein hamare,
Is tarah ilaaje dil-e-beemar hua hai.
[Oh!
My sense have flown away in the embraces of love,
And
so yearning of heart was for sure cured.]
Aankhon se isharon se wafaon se jafa se,
Vo qatl mujhe karne ko taiyaar hua hai.
[The
sweetness of someone, with eyes gestures, faithfulness and cruelty,
Seemed
ready to kill me perhaps to end all save love I possess.]
Tughyaniye dariya-e-mohabbat thi bahut
tez,
Isse to vahi sirf vahi paar hua hai.
[The
flow of river of love is on spate terribly,
One
and only one could cross it over]
Angdai jo li usne to raushan hue aalam,
Suraj utar aaya jo vo bedaar hua hai.
[Yawned
my dear one-- what a lovely scene,
Lo!
Even sun stepped down upon earth to enjoy the sight]
Sab chhod ke vo aa gaya duniya mein
hamari,
Ye husn-e-mohabbat ka chamatkaar hua
hai.
[Leaving
behind all charms of the world beloved came to me,
The beauty of love flared up this wonder and this miracle]
Saaqi ne kaleje se mujhe apne lagaya
Khud nashshaye ulfat se wo sarshar hau
hai.
[The
wine giver embraced me being overwhelmed,
And
came in super state of intoxication]
Wo aankh ki jis aankh se khinchti hain
sharaben,
Dil par jo padi dil bhi tarahdaar hua
hai.
[Eyes
from which wines are being extracted,
When
fell upon me, my heart was overjoyed]
Nashtar vo lagata hai ‘Suhail’ aisi ada
se,
Jo zakhm hai vo uska talabgaar hua hai.
[The
sweetheart with amorous skill pricked sweetly the wounds,
So
distinctly done that every wound longs this way of surgery.]
___________________________________________ =Suhail Kakorvi

Post a Comment