A PERSIAN POEM WITH TRANSLATION IN ENGLISH
man balaye mauje toofaan yaaftam
himmate daste nigehban yaaftam
[I comprehend the terror of storm,
Yet I know the power of the hands of my savior as well]
Baaz naalad roohe maa andar firaaq
naghmaye tare rage jaan yaaftam
[my soul repeatedly cry in separation of beloved
I understand the tones of music of my life vein]
man nami kardam nazar ba aaftaab
man jamale rooye taban yaaftam
[I do not look at the sun and its shine
For I am enlightened by the radiance of the face of beloved]
Aye khusha girdaabe behre dilbari
Iztirabe qalbe khoobaan yaaftam
[Hail I the whirlpool in ocean of beauty
I am aware of commotion in the hearts of fair ones]
Baaz deedam man bahare qatle dil
khandae shamsheere jaanan yaaftam
[So many times I enjoyed spring of the slaughter of my longings
I percept the context of the laughters of beloveds sword]
Qurbate rukhsaaro zulfash deeda am
Ittehade kufro imaan yaaftam
[Seeing the togetherness of lovely locks and shining face
So I sense the harmony of faith and infidelity]
Man na daanam gardishe aalam suhail
Gardishe chashme nigaraan yaaftam
[care not I the vicissitude of fate
I enjoy only the turning round of vivacious eyes]
..................................................................................suhail kakorvi
man balaye mauje toofaan yaaftam
himmate daste nigehban yaaftam
[I comprehend the terror of storm,
Yet I know the power of the hands of my savior as well]
Baaz naalad roohe maa andar firaaq
naghmaye tare rage jaan yaaftam
[my soul repeatedly cry in separation of beloved
I understand the tones of music of my life vein]
man nami kardam nazar ba aaftaab
man jamale rooye taban yaaftam
[I do not look at the sun and its shine
For I am enlightened by the radiance of the face of beloved]
Aye khusha girdaabe behre dilbari
Iztirabe qalbe khoobaan yaaftam
[Hail I the whirlpool in ocean of beauty
I am aware of commotion in the hearts of fair ones]
Baaz deedam man bahare qatle dil
khandae shamsheere jaanan yaaftam
[So many times I enjoyed spring of the slaughter of my longings
I percept the context of the laughters of beloveds sword]
Qurbate rukhsaaro zulfash deeda am
Ittehade kufro imaan yaaftam
[Seeing the togetherness of lovely locks and shining face
So I sense the harmony of faith and infidelity]
Man na daanam gardishe aalam suhail
Gardishe chashme nigaraan yaaftam
[care not I the vicissitude of fate
I enjoy only the turning round of vivacious eyes]
..................................................................................suhail kakorvi

Post a Comment